Network Break-fix Engineer_ Richardson, TX & DeKalb, IL
The Global ENS DC Team and Lab teams provides break-fix services across the production data center network.
Maintaining the fleet requires the Network Support Technician to monitor, react, respond,
troubleshoot, and fix issues across network devices. This includes (but is not limited to) Juniper,
Arista, and Cisco switches and routers. The Network Support Technician identifies what pieces
and parts have failed, and then fixes or replaces those parts to ensure the network devices run
optimally and resiliently. This includes both hardware and link troubleshooting.
• Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers,
switches, console servers, and optical transport equipment.
• Physically troubleshoot various network components in network infrastructure
including routers, switches, console servers, and optical transport equipment.
• Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center,
and act as a liaison for remote networking teams.
• Physical, hands-on replacement of optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis hardware.
• Troubleshooting network link, device, and configuration issues, isolating the problem,
and fixing the problem.
• Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as
well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
• Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
• Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
• Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables and optical interfaces.
• Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed
while minimizing the impact on the production network
• Use internal automation software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair
• Working with cross functional teams, including facilities, cabling, and server teams.
• Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing
• Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, JUNOS, Cisco IOS, and bash.
• Physical audits of inventory and updating asset inventory database.
• The job requires significant time standing, walking, bending, and lifting. This is not a position a
position for someone located at a desk.
• Experience with Juniper Enterprise, Cisco, and Service Provider network hardware platforms
and architectures, including data center switching platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems,
tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure.
• Looking for those network/data center engineers that like blinky lights.
• JUNOS, CISCO IOS, Linux OS.
• Routers, switches, console servers, optical transport equipment.
• Optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis-based hardware.
• Cabling, fiber optics, optical interfaces.
• Standing, walking, bending, lifting.
· Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
· Determining scope of new work
· Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
· Liaising with team members, management, and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed to standard.
· Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
· Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
· Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
· Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
· Driving continuous process improvements and innovations.
· Collaborate with FB stakeholders to implement best practices.
· Technical escalation point for FB Stakeholders.