Usually I would recommend removing the existing account and adding the same. I tried myself several times and it’s always been a success.
For any Hotmail/MSN/Live users that are experiencing any sort of crash while sending or receiving, I recommend to reconfigure your Email Accounts using the following steps:
1. Click the ‘Tools’ menu and then select ‘Email Accounts’.
2. Click ‘Add’. (If your account is already listed, first choose to remove your account by clicking on ‘Remove’ before clicking ‘Add’).
3. Please choose ‘Let me configure settings myself’, and click ‘Next’.
4. Please choose Windows Live/Hotmail. And type in your Windows Live ID (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) and your password, and click ‘Next’.
5. Click ‘Finish’.
If you are an IncrediMail Xe User, please do the following:
1. Please click the ‘Tools’ menu, and then ‘Email Accounts’. Select your account, and click ‘Properties’.
2. Click on the ‘Servers’ tab and make sure that you use the correct Servers:
Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
3. Check the box for ‘My server requires authentication’ option.
4. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and check the two SSL checkboxes while outgoing mail port (SMTP) is 25 and incoming mail port (POP3) is 995 , and click ‘OK’.
This should resolve any crash happening in your Hotmail, Msn or Live accounts while sending emails.