- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Test results are displayed with icons:
A checkmark means your printer passed.A wrench means a problem was found and fixed.An exclamation mark means a test failed and was skipped.An X means the printer has a problem. Follow the instructions to fix it.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor shortcut is installed on your desktop.