if you are able to open Thunderbird. follow these steps.
- In Thunderbird, open Troubleshooting Information’s from the Helpmenu, and go to the “Crash Reports” section. (If you do not see Crash Reports, install the ViewAbout add-on into Thunderbird, and restart. Then do View | ViewAbout | about:crashes.)
- Crashes are listed by date and time.
- If a crash successfully submitted to the crash database, the crash report ID is shown, starting with the characters “bp-“.
- Numbers which do not start with “bp-” have not been submitted. Click the number to submit the crash report.
- Click on a report ID to view the report. The report lists related bug reports, where you can click on the bug number and offer additional information about your crash in the bug report. If no bug reports are listed, please create one by clicking “Report this Crash”.
- If you are receiving help in a bug or support forum, please give them your crash report ID(s) as a text string
If you are unable to open Thunderbird follow below steps for each OS.
Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Open the Windows Start
- In the Start Search box, type %APPDATA%\Thunderbird\Crash Reports\submitted\and press Enter.
- Open the Windows Startmenu, then choose …
- In the Run dialog, type %APPDATA%\Thunderbird\Crash Reports\submitted\and pressEnter.
Mac OS X Crash reports are stored in ~/Library/Thunderbird/Crash Reports/submitted/
Linux Crash reports are stored in ~/.thunderbird/Crash Reports/submitted/