This kind of error occurs when Email Provider data and time doesn’t matches with ours. This may cause messages to be rejected too.
The Error Message may appear as one of the following:
- The certificate chain CN name does not match the passed value. Error 530 authentication is required.
- The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate’s CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using this server?
- A required certificate chain is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
- Error certificate chain is processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
To correct this, please check the Date and Time on your computer’s clock, and fix it .
Also check that your Time Zone is correct, and ‘Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes’ is marked.
If the date and time are correct, the Email Account User Name is incorrect. To fix the issue:
- Please click on the ‘Tools’ menu, then ‘Email Accounts…’ .
Select your Account Name and click ‘Properties’ .
- Under User Name, make sure it is your User Name only and not your full Email Address.
- Lastly, click ‘OK’ and ‘Close’.
It should remove the error.